The nursery is only open by appointment because my hours there are somewhat unpredictable, as is the local phone signal. Please text ahead on 07955744802 or email email@example.com
The nursery is at:
New Hall Lane
(Postal address available on request)
- New Hall Lane is a turning just north of the village of Small Dole on the A2037.
- It is well signposted: on the right two miles south of Henfield if you are coming from the north; or on the left, three miles north of Upper Beeding (not Lower Beeding, which is up near Leonardslee) if you are coming from the south.
- Downsview Nursery is about 200 yards down on the left (not to be confused with Highdown Nursery, which used to be 100 yards down on the right.)
- The entrance is a rough track with a high wooden fence on either side. The nursery sign is not easy to see when the gate is open. A bungalow called Downsview is immediately before it, then there is a Downsview Paddock, then our entrance set back a bit from the road. New Hall itself is immediately after, and is a large house set in a wooded garden. The end of the lane is just ahead and it's easy to turn around there.
- nb. If you are coming from the north and using a Satnav it may well take you down another road - West Mill Lane. This links to the far end of New Hall Lane via a short but very rough track (see the map above).
Access: The nursery surface is somewhat uneven but there are no steps.
There is no public toilet on the nursery.